Friday, July 18, 2014

Style Stalking: Barbara A

This week I am excited to shake up this style stalk Friday with some culture. Fellow blogger & fashionista Barbara A. lets her Ghanaian heritage shine through with her use of bold African prints. She takes us into her world, if only for a moment using fashion as her gateway. African print has always had a strong presence in the fashion world, but with a growing number of fashion lovers of African decent it is here in a major way. Barbara is no different, check out her instagram for more inspiration @akuaqueen_b

 
 
It's hard to escape the influence of African print. There is no other culture that captures the essence of a nation quite like African print. You can even catch the sultry Queen B rocking amazing African prints.
Source: airvibez.com
 
 
 
1. When did you fall in love with fashion?
 
 I fell in love with fashion watching my mom dress. My background is Ghanaian. My mother always had the latest lace and kente attire. As a child I loved prints, statement tops, skirts and unique patterns. 

2. Who/What are your fashion inspirations?
 
 My fashion inspiration I would say has a lot to do with my culture. African breed mixed with New York love. I adore Ankara print, peplum and statement pieces. 
 
3. How would you describe your style?
 
I would describe my style as diverse. When I shop, I think more so of the quality over quantity. I play around with different items to see what would look good. No matter what I wear, I wear it with Confidence. You also don't have spend thousands of dollars in order  to look like a million bucks. That's a true fashionista! Inspire others by being yourself :-).
 
 
 
Make sure that you follow Barbara's blog to continue to be inspired foodnistab.BlogSpot.com
 
xoxoStayFabulousxoxo
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you love. Make sure that you follow to continue to be inspired. If you have a blog I would love to take a look and support!

      Delete