Wednesday, July 2, 2014

OOTD: Pretty in pink + reinvented denim

Don't you just hate it when one of your favorite piece takes a turn for the worst? Well that is exactly what happened to my denim Miley Cyrus shirt, yea I said it Miley Cyrus. I picked it up when her line was carried by Wal-mart, it has actually stood the test of time and been one of my go to denim shirts. Recently it took a turn for the worst and was torn all the way up one side of the sleeve. Now I was left with the decision of whether or not to toss it or try & give it life. That is when I decided to just take the sleeves off and make it a vest.

 
And there you have it with a simple cut or two, I have reinvented one of my favorite pieces. I am far from a seamstress, but there is always something that can be done. Cutting off the sleeves can give a shirt a completely different look and you don't have to be a seamstress to pull it off.
 
 
I paired my new vest with a white cami from Forever21 and skirt from Jcpenney
 
 
 
 
I kept my accessories pretty simple. Bag Justfab, necklace Jcpenney, ring Forever21
 
 
 
 
 
You don't have to spend a lot of money to be stylish, I don't think I can say that enough. I am sure there are plenty of things in your closet that you can reinvent.
 
Let me know if you have brought something back to life in your wardrobe. I would love to see how you reinvented your favorite piece.
 
xoxoStayFabulousxoxo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment