Friday, March 21, 2014

Style Stalking: Barbara

This weeks style stalked is an amazing young woman with a passion & love for fashion. Her blog bellaestaneo.com takes you on a euphoric journey with fashion. She is an avid thrifter, which makes her a girl after my own heart..lol She not only lives in the present with her fashion, but she never forgets where it came from, paying homage to some of fashions greats. She is not just a blogger, she lives in the world of fashion & she understands that you don't have to spend a lot to look like a million bucks.
 
Make sure to follow her on instagram: @bella_estraneo
 



 
1.When did you fall in love with fashion?
I probably fell in love with fashion the day I could decipher between color and tone, so probably in kindergarten. When I was younger my mother always picked out my clothes and made sure I looked nice, even though there was always a battle between me wanting to wear jeans everywhere and my mom saying "no". From a very early age I always knew what I wanted to wear and knew that when you looked good you felt even better. I remember when I was seven or eight I had a little Barbie doll who I hand sewed a whole denim dress for and I was so proud to show everyone. Growing up and until now I had never been a very publicly emotional person so when I learned to use my style and the way I dressed as a sense of self expression, my appreciation for fashion grew even more. Now that I have my fashion blog where I spew out everything I feel about fashion from the latest trends that I love or great fashion DIYs I fall more and more in love every day.
 
2.Who/What are some of your fashion inspirations?
 Aside from my mom who raised me to know how to match my clothing and always look presentable, I would have to say that my current fashion inspirations fall between Solange Knowles who is, in my opinion, the queen of print mixing, street style icon Mira Duma, Victoria Tornegren who makes the timeless black and white combination look different and intriguing every time they dawn her figure, and Kourtney Kardashian who can do no wrong to in the K-Dash Clan.
 
3. How would you describe your style?
 I would honestly describe my style as forever changing, yet always expressive. Sometimes, I feel it is unfair to put yourself in box with numerous things in this world including fashion. I would like to think that my style is on a continuum where I could be super urban and street one day or very whimsical and feminine the next. Hahaha who knows? The next day I could be in a pair of sneakers with a flowy dress on.  My style options are endless. That's the best part. The fact that I can dress anyway I want to dress on any occasion. Its like forever playing dress up!

 
xoxoStayFabulousxoxo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment