Monday, September 22, 2014

Makeup Mondays: Featuring Arielle Ash

Happy Monday Loves. I wish you all an amazing week! I am so excited to bring you a new series on the blog called makeup Mondays. I have collaborated with professional makeup artist Ariell Ash better known as Rollinwithstone to bring you some of the hottest & latest makeup trends. She will also be informing us of new products and giving her professional opinion.

 
Born and raised in Houston and Dallas, Texas, Ariell’s career began to soar after working for Nars Cosmetics in Arkansas and MAC cosmetics in Texas as a makeup artist at the top stores. Her popularity grew once she started holding private makeup workshops for Houston’s top working women and housewives, eventually making her the go-to person for tips, sessions and appointments. Word spread faster, and she eventually began doing makeup for television and radio personalities, reality show stars, models and photographers. Ariell’s vast knowledge of makeup and light teamed with her teaching skills in the arts make her irreplaceable when creating looks for today’s woman. 
 
This Monday Rollinwithstone will be sharing with us the importance of using a primer:
 
Rollinwithstone:
Primers are very important because they help your make up last longer, reduce the appearance of fine lines and pores, gives a smoother foundation application, and some of them even help control oil and mattify. Some primers offer certain benefits that others do not, when looking for a primer you should choose one that offers benefits that suit your face needs.
 
Recently I've tried Smashbox  photo ready primer and I was thoroughly pleased with the results that I got from it.
 
www.smashbox.com
 This particular primer comes in different color correcting formulas. I used the formula shown above. Personally what I look for in a primer is one that helps my foundation last all day and mattify at least a little bit because I do have sort of an oily T zone area. When I use the primer I applied it at 7:30 AM when I did my make up. When I got off at 7:30 PM my make up was still flawless and I had no traces of oil and hadn't touched up my make up at all throughout the day. This was the first time that this has happened being that usually 4 to 5 hours into wearing my make up I have oil in my T zone area. I would definitely give this product two thumbs up!
 
Another primer that I recently used was Tarte's Clean slate primer.
 
www.tartecosmetics.com
This primer was fairly good also it kept my make up on long throughout the day, although unlike the Smashbox primer I did have to touch up my foundation after about 4 to 5 hours because I became oily in my T zone. With primer, of course what works for one person may not work for another. So I would encourage you to try a couple of primers yourself to see which one works best for you.
 
 
Make sure that you follow Ariell for more makeup tips & tricks. You can find her here each and every Monday sharing her wealth of information for your make up enjoyment!
 
 
 
 
Instagram: @rollinwithstone
Youtube: rollinwithstone
 
 
xoxoStayFabulousxoxo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment