Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Style Stalking: Aishah Abdulbarr

This weeks style stalked is wardrobe & personsal stylist Aishah Abdulbarr from Boston. Her style screams class & sophistication. She is also a fashion blogger and has been featured on fashionbombdaily.com, daily candy, style blazer & Boston globe. Her love for vintage is evident in her style. As the owner of Heiress Boston wardrobe/personal style Aishah takes pride in making her clients & bringing out their inner glamour girl. You can keep up with this savvy trend setter at theurbanheiress.blogspot.com












When did you fall in love with fashion?

Fashion caught my eye in my high school years, but I fell in love with the art of style in my early 20s. I started collecting fashion magazines such as Vogue, Elle, InStyle and my brain focused more on the angle in which the photographer shot, the way the stylist styled the models, the props used etc. I tried to understand why stylists took such risks in putting pieces together knowing damn well no one is actually going to wear it, styled the same way walking down the street, except, maybe Anna Dello Russo! I am not a fashion fanatic. Never was and never will be. I just love items that moves me and speaks to my spirit.

What or who are some of your fashion inspirations?

I get inspiration from some of the most random things! Like, on my Instagram page is a picture of a Tiffany Blue door with gold hardware. I was having such a bad day, but when I saw this door, it made me so happy! Anywho, when looking at this door, what do I see? A white button down blouse, with a Tiffany Blue pleated midi skirt, leopard pumps, a ponytail and medium size gold drop earrings. I see inspiration in art, music, décor, pain and recently the homeless. Pay close attention to them. Their outfits may not look like anything at first glance, but if you take a second look, you can really get great ideas.

How would you describe your style?

classic, colorful, chic with little surprise on every look!








xoxoStayFabulousxoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment