Friday, October 31, 2014

Style Stalking: Mercedes S.

So we meet again, on our favorite day of he week, FRIDAY! You guys already know this is my favorite day of the week, because I get to share with you guys who I style stalked this week. I am excited to bring you Mercedes S., an aspiring fashion wardrobe stylist, entrepreneur and philanthropist. Style stalk is not just simply about show casing style, but more about highlighting the remarkable women behind the looks. Mercedes takes fashion and makes it her own, she has found her own lane and inspires the world to do the same.

 

 

 



 
1. When did you fall in love with fashion?
From what I can remember, I fell in love with fashion in middle school. I remember wanting all the latest Jordan's and Nike's. I was pretty much a huge sneaker head back then and now you can barely get me in a pair of sneakers lol. I would beg my parents to get me the Jordan's that were coming out at that time so I could get them before any of the boys at school. I would follow some of the trends that caught my eye, but at the same time put my own touches to them so that I could stand out from the rest. I never wanted to look like anyone else and noticing that made me reach deeper into fashion. At first I kind of thought that fashion and dressing nice was just something I was good at so it just became something I did and not something I lived. When I was younger I played basketball and had dreams of going off to college to play and then later on making it to the WNBA. It wasn't until high school that I finally realized and admitted to myself that fashion was something I was truly starting to love and basketball just wasn't for me anymore. God blesses us with many talents and things we are good at, but he also blesses us with a calling over our lives and I feel like fashion is what I'm supposed to do. I'm here to be an inspiration to people by showing them that it's ok to be different and express your personality through your choice of dressing. Just be you, be different, stand out, and wear what you love and what makes you happy!


 
2. Who/What are your fashion inspirations?
 I love Kylie Jenner's style, but for the most part street fashion is what inspires me the most. I appreciate when people don't follow the mainstream rules of fashion and just go out there and create there own. There's a since of freedom and diversity in street style, I love it!


 
3. How would you describe your style?
 I would say my style ranges from Grunge to Chic. I'm always switching it up depending on my mood and the places I'm going. My style is pretty diverse which I really love, because It doesn't limit me on what to wear or where to shop.


 
Make sure you follow Mercedes for more inspiration:
 
Instagram: @Mercedes_marie
 
xoxoStayFabulousxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment