Monday, October 27, 2014

Makeup Mondays: Featuring Ariell Ash

Happy Monday everyone. I hope that everyone had an amazing weekend. I spent mine in New York, we will get into that a little later in the week. We are starting our week with some makeup tips from our resident makeup artist Ariell Ashe, she will be sharing with us one of her favorite drug store foundations.

Revlon Colorstay Foundation

This make up Monday I want to highlight a particular foundation that I have been wearing for more than seven years which is Revlon color stay foundation. The formula that I use is for oily/combination skin. They do have a formula for dry skin although the color ranges in that formula tend to look sort of ashy on the skin. I have worked for two of the leading make up companies in the world and have found myself going back to this foundation. Don't get me wrong there are several foundations that I really do like but for the price point, color ranges, and the staying power I think that this foundation can compete with high end foundations. The consistency and beautiful coverage that this foundation provides reminds me of Mac Studio fix fluid but of course it is less than half of the price. Revlon color stay foundation is more of a medium coverage but it is buildable so you can definitely get full coverage out of it. The staying power is definitely up to 12 hours plus so you don't have to worry about your make up coming off after a couple of hours. So if you are ever in the market for a drugstore foundation and simply don't know which one to choose I would definitely recommend this foundation hands-down.

You can purchase Revlon Colorstays at your local drug store averaging $12.49.
 
 
 
Compared to Mac's studio dix fluid priced at $27.00, these two differ in price, but not in results.
 
Don't take our word for it, try it out for yourself and let us know what you think. Leave us a comment if you have already tried it and you would like to let us know what you think.
 
 
 


There you have it from the words of a professional makeup artist, you don't have to spend big bucks in order to get the best results.


 
 
Instagram: @rollinwithstone
Youtube: rollinwithstone
Website: www.ariellash.com
 
 
xoxoStayFabulousxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment